Tuesday, June 21, 2011

People That Like to Borrow Your Car

Ok. So..my brother and the guy I'm dating like to use my car a lot. It's getting to the point where it is starting to bother me. They feel like if I'm not using the car or if I'm at work...then they are free to ask to use it. I don't mind helping them out since they don't have transportation but at the same time I feel as if they are wearing out my car and if something happens to it, I am responsible. Also the more they drive, the more I feel like it's theirs and not mine. I'm mainly listening to their music etc..changing my plans to fit them in etc..it is just becoming a headache. So....I don't want to be a stingy bitch and tell them they can't use it. It's not like I really mind them using it, it's just that I feel like they ask too much. So what should the limits be? That's the question I ask myself and have yet to find the answer. For instance....my brother will find anyway to use the car while I'm at work. He'll say, "Aunt so in so needs a ride to work today so can I use the car to take them while you're at work?" So I'll say yes and off he goes taking Auntie to work and also joy riding etc...meeting friends etc. The guy I'm dating will just ask if he can use it to go to work. And if I'm napping or something...maybe.
So if you were me...what would your limits be? I want to help out but not to the point where I am feeling uncomfortable. I can't even explain why I feel uncomfortable...that's the wierd part...but I do know that the more I get asked if they can borrow the car...the more uncomfortable I get. So I'm thinking maybe they ask too much....so...when should I let them borrow the car? What should be my limits? HMmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment